Happy New Year Community Bible Church! We pray this year will be one of growth in the Lord where we put Him first in everything.
If you struggle with reading your Bible, here are some helpful tips:
1. Start small - it is better to read a little bit each day then try to do too much and quit.
2. Start in the New Testament - often people will quit as they get bogged down in the Old Testament law. While those books are equally important, for beginners the New Testament is usually easier to comprehend. If you read one chapter per day in the New Testament you will finish the whole thing in under a year.
3. Read until you get something - The point of reading your Bible is to actually get something out of it. So if something strikes you, don't be afraid to stop, pray, and meditate on that truth. Don't ever read the Bible to just check off a list.
4. Read a physical Bible, electronics are wonderful, but also can be distracting with extra notifications coming in. So get a physical Bible, underline and write in your Bible!
5. Get a good Study Bible. - Sometimes the Bible is difficult to understand, so having a good Study Bible will help answer questions you have.
6. Pray before and after - anyone can read the Bible l, but only those who are guided by the Holy Spirit will ever fully understand the power of the living Word of God.
7. Just start! - just like any new habit, the first step is the hardest, so just start. When you accidentally miss a day, don't sweat it. Don't give up. Do it the next day. Each day you read your Bible is a blessing.
What other things have helped you in reading and studying your Bible? We would love to hear them. Leave them in the comments below!